Monday, September 17, 2012

Love and Savida Sangria

The word "SAVIDA" means savor life. It's etymology goes back to Spain, where Sangria originated centuries ago.

Pouring samples of sangria for grocery shoppers is a fun experience because I like to encourage people to use their creativity and garnish the drinks with fresh herbs, chopped fruits, or frozen medleys straight from the freezer section. Sangria is year long as I am concerned; but best enjoyed on a sunny, warm days- quite like the ones that are dwindling away in Chicago right now.

"I found Love"

It's a romantic poem I'm working on, and an artists book. I am taking two Artists Books courses with the expert bookmaker, Sally Alatolo who is also my academic advisor.

So, I got lots of really fantastic projects coming up.

And I will officially be a volunteer for the American Indian Center's revitilization of the Ojibwe tribal language, starting next Thursday, September 27th. I can't wait to start learning the language and participating in teaching the kids the signs and orality. It is not a written language so I'm sure to learn a lot and have a real enriching experience.

*Stay Tuned*


No comments:

Post a Comment