Monday, December 23, 2013

Persona Poems : "Before you Wet the Ink"

Writing from a view point other than one's own .

  • From the Battle of Leipzig, 1813

    October wind
    blocked by this uniform,
    a war’s apron, the patchwork
    and bandages are tearing away.
     I am following the brigandage
    battling into France
    and barricades falter away.
    Other soldier men
    backbones of campaigns
    become undone and their beckoning
    fades away. The
    end, the celebration bades
    a necessary exile.
    I am a battler.
    Who will never visit
    Elba island
    across the Mediterranean.
    Yet, I
    wave goodbye as I hear
    and break into
    a grin that spreads an arm’s length wide
    all because
    Napolean is sent away there.






  • Some A Time (1-5)
           H.C. Modaff



(First) I remember when paper calendars hung upon tacks that got pressed into plaster with pointer fingers and thumbs & when the months turned with a swoosh of paper noise (Second) on a cold St. Valentine’s Day,  my Betty Grabel and Catwoman warped into one took me to 

Niagara Falls, NY 

in her Subaru Outback the color of stew. When we checked in to the Seneca Hotel, concierges waved us on, housekeepers knocked on door like Stanley Roper and both of us declined the touristy tours & walked along worn trails in Hyde Park. (Third) In the mornings, I stared directly into her eyeglasses like the faces from the House of Wax did & (Fourth) on our trip back we saw a funeral procession go by waving American flags. And while we drove back home to Ann Arbor, Michigan with steaming cappuccinos in our cup holders she used a (Fifth) GPS signal on the dashboard. 
& As soon as I returned my mother still wearing her hair in curlers dug at  me asking, “Did you propose?”

Not yet, I replied as vulnerable as the barrel from that movie with Marilyn Monroe.






  • Here's an example from 2009, when I wrote from a Classic Mustang's voice.




Before you Wet the Ink
Anna G. Moore


I wasn’t pedastled in
a one-car garage for 41 years
and turtle-waxed mirrored
weekly, to be weened from premium octane
and paralled against
spilled-hell, Maple-treed concrete
on Bratley Lane
while pretend
playboy woos an opaque minded minx,
who yesterweek left a wet trademark
on my unwelcoming cheek
 while
Smokescreen pointed me towards a double
I-almost-lost-my-tune-up feature
and branded me with a stereo-type speaker;
I won’t be pigeonholed
 by Mrs. O’Toole’s drivers-ed flunkee
turn
blank-check-heir;
could charade upon my bumpertails,
alter hand-me-down
to a red-light district,
and forget to turn off my own precinct
to recharge me with stenched
testosterone while making Grease-
lightning faces in my
own showroom; vrooms a pistachio-shell
even where Doughboy can’t reach
checker-pawn torpor red-ribbon
horsepower for a fantasy parade.
I’ll take driveway death,
become junkyard renegade,

before I’m willed to
a pimple-faced pubescent’s
masquerade.


I'm going to post my most recent Persona poems from Amy England's class later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment