Monday, February 14, 2011

My First Trip to Quimby's



Quimby's is a quaint little bookshop at 1854 W. North Avenue in Chicago. I took the bus there and the blue line back. Getting there was simple. Looking around, I saw many inspiring zines so I definitely recommend anyone who is short on ideas to check it out for themselves.

Mainly, I went to distribute my minibook, "A Survivor's Encomium." After glancing around, I found a backshelf section that would be perfect since it contained an array of minibooks and lots of one pagers.

The clerk at the front desk was real friendly. He asked a few questions, a courteous inquiry about what class I was taking and who was teaching it. He seemed sad that he didn't know our teacher which I thought was cute. I filled out a form with my name, contact information, permission, and price. Signed away, and he promised to put them on the shelf.

I also told him I would see him again soon for the next projects, and he said there is no limit for placing self-publishing inside the Chicago store as long as it is under $25.00. Overall, a real fun adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment