Friday, February 25, 2011

Zine pt. 1

I am so sorry I almost forgot to blog about my zine project!! This is way late. Sorry groupers.

Surabhi suggested, helpfully, that I expand my mini "A Survivor's Encomium" to a 16-page zine. The mini was a little teaser, so I decided to heed her advice and go for it.

I have planned to use the same six people, draw them in black and white line drawings, and add narratives and other images.

For example, I will start with a Table of Contents and then for Otto Frank, I will describe his life and events that made him a Holocaust survivor.

Each other person I will add details about events each survived and add some quotes, song lyrics, or stories. At the end I am going to have a "resources" page that lists support groups, networks, e.g. and a bibliography.

It will be a more detailed and expansive project inspired by the minibook. So far, I have just done the mock up and gathered information. I will start the physical creation this weekend and post another blog with pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment